Sunday 21 January 2007

XXI: Talking to thin air

Sometimes it feels like I’m talking to thin air.

When I kneel before Your throne and You don’t notice me.
When I put my hands together and You don’t respond.
When I’ve done everything right but You’re still not there
It seems as if I’m talking to thin air.

When I glorify Your greatness but Your glory is withheld.
When I tell You how much I love You but the love’s not returned.
When I mouth the words I think I should say but my mind is elsewhere
It seems as if I’m talking to thin air.

When I ask very kindly but I do not receive.
When I knock on the door and nobody answers.
When I think I want something but I don’t really care
It seems as if I’m talking to thin air.

When I tell You all my worries and You don’t pay attention.
When I cry out for help and You don’t give me a hand.
When all I want is a crutch to make this life fair
Then I’m talking to thin air.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you captured that feeling so well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most people I know feel like that at some point or other - good poem!

    ReplyDelete