Sunday 17 September 2006

III: He is Hidden

Why is Your glory hidden from me?
I only want to know You, but instead I know
My neighbour and I don’t even like him.
Why are Your mysteries out of reach?
I only want to do Your work, but instead I work
For my boss and I don’t even like him
Why are You so distant?
I only want to talk to You, but instead I talk
To my friend and I don’t even like him.
Why do You not reveal yourself?
I only want to see You, but instead I see
Big crowds of people and I don’t even like them.
Why is Your love withheld from me?
I only want to be Your child, but instead I am the child
Of my parents and I don’t even like them.
Why do I feel dry of Your grace?
I only want to break Your bread, but instead I break
My own heart and I don’t even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment