Sunday 5 November 2006

X: A sufficient blessing

Where’s the joy and where the hope?
Where the passion and vigour of God?
Where the rapture? Where the praise?
Where the bounteous gifts of the Lord?

All I have is peace.
Peace in my heart; peace in my soul;
Peace in my mind: that is all.

What good is peace to me?
I can’t use peace to move a mountain.
Peace won’t make a shield to fend off sin.
I won’t win many battles with peace.
Peace won’t carry my burdens very far.

Where’s the sword and where the cross?
Where the roots to hold the tree?
Where the lion? Where the strength?
Where the power promised to me?

All I have is peace.

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful what you are doing here. I have added you to the blogs I watch over at blogarithm.com I found your blog through Jillbeth's blog The Broken Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janey! It's great to have support.

    ReplyDelete